Author Topic: Lunesta Fiesta #6  (Read 5261 times)

DaveyTree

Re: Lunesta Fiesta #6
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 12:54:41 pm »
The taste testing has been going well. It will be enjoyed.

Menu:
Roggen Belay
Piton Pilsner
East Meets West IPA
Bomber #3 Cider (Pomegranate)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:28:16 am by DaveyTree »

mike a

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 11:18:35 am »
hey Dave are you going to have t-shirts again, last years ones were cool!

DaveyTree

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 02:51:11 pm »
Yes. This year's shirt will be 50/50 blend in a blue color with the front having a big drawing of Fresno/Hawk Dome (I traced a picture because I suck as an artist) with 'Wamello' Curved  over the top and 'Lunesta Fiesta' on the back shoulders with '6th Annual' canted below it. I haven't seen the proofs yet but I think it will turn out good.

I started to get excited for it with only just over two weeks away.

The white elephant/gift exchange will not be happening since only a few participated last year. I am sure we can find a way to fill in the time. Anyone have Bocce Ball to bring?

susan

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:52 am »
Last year’s tee was really nice. Blue is even better.

mike a

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 02:06:23 pm »
Hi all how was the party awesome I am hoping, looks like it was a bit smokey at Courtright as well, was climbing and camping at the Balls thurs-sun, Thursday was clear and blur sky's but the other days super smokey but no one around!!! Going to Courtright this Thursday - Sunday camping at site #49 if anyone is up there wants to stop by to have a beer and talk climbing :-)

DaveyTree

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 04:52:20 pm »
It was a fun time as always. More clear times than smokey. Friday eve, Saturday morn and then Sunday afternoon got a bit smokey but not too bad. One of the guys, Justin, that showed up had a legit telescope. Checked out a killer moon, Mars and Jupiter. You could actually see the rings and moons of Jupiter, Really cool. I later had him point it at some rocks during the day and wow! What a way to scout.

The area is so spread out, a lot of people went a lot of places. Paul and I ran up Little Nukey Friday morning then took some noobs to Punk Rock. Saturday a bunch of us went to Voyager and got on some fun, some tough, lines. They kept at it and I returned to prep the duck tacos which were a hit, as always. After the tacos I was planning to do an easy 4p thing on the left side of Penstemon but my partner decided against it so we took a group of 10 that went to the Upper Tier above Tiger Cage and climbed by moonlight until about 130am. Some people climbed Sunday in different spots and I know Swanson and friends took the kayaks to the island and climbed.

A lot of people camped with us on the big slab just before the Dusy trail-head parking lot but others camped further up the road. By my estimation there were probably 40+/- people that showed at some point. It was great to meet a lot of new and old friends. Mr. Courtright, Dwight Kroll, was there with Slick. I got to hang with John and Sue for a bit at camp which is always cool. I know they got on Swiss Cheese Wall at some point. About 18 of the 20 gallons of home-brew was consumed along with plenty of other drinkables.

The only downer was the fire ban (outside of an established camp ground) had just gone into affect earlier that week so we didn't have the camp fire to gather around.

Already looking at dates for next year.

susan

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 12:12:43 pm »
Well, I gotta say you really know how to fiesta Dave! Great job on the camp party! Wonderful to see you, Fred, Paul, and meet Dwight, Paul and others. I had never seen planets through a telescope before, so that was an extra treat viewing Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, the moon. The fire haze must have contributed to spectacular views watching the huge orange moon rise, and the first night Penstamon and other domes stood out in the thicker haze all the more in relief. Glad we got a couple t-shirts this year too, thanks so much!

note: these photos were positioned upright, so they should end up that way in a few...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:15:34 pm by susan »

DaveyTree

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 03:35:49 pm »
Cory and Wess climbing Hannoramic next to us. Wess was visiting from the east coast.
IMG_0014 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Paul and I on Little Nukey
DSC04292 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Pano view from east side of Punk Rock  with Mikey taking a pic of me taking a pic of him
IMG_0026 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Friday night festivities
IMG_0027 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

IMG_0012 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

IMG_0011 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Dwight on Spring Dome
Edmond by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Voted onto the island with Swanson and friends
Island by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Blue and the far right orange are what they climbed. The middle two orange are part of Donut's original solos
Courtright Island by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Overview of the Lunesta headquarters
E4 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

Sunday morning goodbyes of those not already out climbing
E2 by Davey Tree, on Flickr

And here is a bonus pic of the Lunesta Fiesta 4p 5.7 @ Fresno Dome Paulie and I put up.
LF4p by Davey Tree, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:59:27 pm by DaveyTree »

John

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 04:38:51 pm »
DaveyTree-
Can't see your images but really want to.

On Flikr, when you click the "Share Photo" arrow, a window will pop up and there will be three panels, "Share", "Embed", then " BBCode", copy and paste the BBCode

I edited the first image for you, so check it out as an example
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:40:53 pm by John »

susan

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 10:00:48 pm »
Yes liking the photo and want to see the others. So fun you climbed parallel to friends on power dome. We did that a month or so ago only none of us brought cameras but we all enjoyed that!

mungeclimber

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 10:34:15 pm »
How did anyone climb with the beer and whiskey just lying about like that?  8)

DaveyTree

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 06:05:20 pm »
Liquid Courage

Will have to work on it when back in front of a computer. Met Cory and Wess at the parking area. I had to save my lies because you never showed Munge.

mungeclimber

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 10:06:48 am »
yeah, sent a pm when I realized I couldn't swing it.  :-[

Hoffman is on the horizon tho! But its during duck season?

DaveyTree

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 03:45:35 pm »
Every year I tell myself I am going to climb some during duck season to keep strong. So far it has not happened. Hahaha. Keep me in the loop. I may make it happen this year.

And I will bring duck to cook.

***Finally figured out the picture thing. Thanks John.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:01:54 pm by DaveyTree »

susan

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 10:19:51 am »
Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing those and the great topo of the new route. Good to see the Donut routes too!

Wonder if it was you guys at Spring Dome that Sunday morning of Lunesta Fiesta - All the way at Trapper, we heard jovial sounds of folks at Spring Dome before it got very sunny there.