Author Topic: Beasore Domes  (Read 2034 times)

mike a

Beasore Domes
« on: July 21, 2019, 08:10:22 am »
Hi all, the other day was at the Jones Store and went up to check out the 2 little domes on above Beasore Meadows found some old bolted anchors and a few routes there. Nice views of Mt. Madera and the Balls. If their were a trail going up to this area could be a nice little climbing area, happy climbing Mike A.

DaveyTree

Re: Beasore Domes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:40:29 pm »
Did you climb them?

John

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:53:38 pm »
I remember looking into those and one of them I believe is on private property. The right one as viewed from Beasore I think.

mungeclimber

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:33 pm »
That’s the property I need then!

mike a

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 06:57:39 am »
Morning all, no did not climb there, yes the domes are on Jones Store land and Jimmy of the Jones Store said it's ok if I play out there.

John

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 08:06:19 am »
That's pretty cool, Mike.

But I bet Jimmy did all the good lines already!

DaveyTree

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 02:51:29 pm »
Not surprised. Everyone looks at those on the way to Lost Eagle or Balls. Would be cool to know the history of those routes.

NateD

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 01:52:57 pm »
A BIG HELLO, John, Dave, and Mike (and other lurkers)! Been visiting this forum far too infrequently lately. Glad you guys are out there enjoying SoYo. Haven't made it up to climb yet this year (if I can remember how, that is)! Hopefully in the fall.
Anyway, just chiming in to ask if you are in touch with Mark Spencer, John? He told me he had topos someone gave him for the Beasore Meadow domes, and that he would scan and send 'em once he found them. Couldn't recall who gave them to him. Anyway, that was now almost 10 years ago! Mark said:

"In another case, a climber established several climbs on the domes at Beasore Meadows and sent me to information to include in the next editon of the guide.  He had applied names to the domes and routes that were too vulgar and inappropriate to include in print and he did not respond to my suggestion to modify the verbage."

John

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 07:05:18 am »
Hi Nate!
I have emailed with Mark in the past but Beasore Domes never came up at all. Now that I hear they have dirty names I really want to hear them! Maybe you should follow up and see if he ever scanned the topos for you...nudge nudge.

susan

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 07:05:43 pm »
Hi Nate! Heard somewhere that Barry Chambers may have had something to do with new routing there...?

DaveyTree

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 09:01:07 pm »
Talked to Barry via email. He climbed there a few years ago but believed Spencer was responsible.

Who's on 3rd?

mike a

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 08:31:12 am »
Morning all, put up a couple new routes at the Beasore Domes this week, the rock there is good and the climbing there is fun, but its a bit of a hike up there :-) happy climbing Mike A.

mike a

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 08:05:44 am »
Morning all, so I have replaced all the old anchors at Beasore Dome, the older climbs there are pretty hard the rock is high quality, if youall want a topo to the place let me know I will hook you up, happy climbing Mike A.

DaveyTree

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2024, 02:02:47 pm »
Bring some to Lunesta Fiesta.