Author Topic: Camping  (Read 394 times)

djh650

Camping
« on: September 04, 2023, 08:33:41 pm »
hello,

Looking for any beta for Fresno Dome camping that I should know about. is the campground normally filled up this time of year on a friday night? I don't mind disperesed camping at all, so if there are good sites, please let me know! First time visiting Fresno Dome, will be my 2nd time to SoYo (Shuteye ridge rocks!!)

wingnut

Re: Camping
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 08:53:35 am »
The FS has actually closed the Fresno Dome campground. However, you can camp right at the trailhead if you like, or there are many spots for dispersed camping right off the road, you will see them as you drive by. It's not very busy up there generally, you will find somewhere to stay, no problem.
If you do want a "real" campground the Chilkoot campground is open, its maybe a ~25 min drive from the climbing. not sure how busy it is, I've never stayed there myself

djh650

Re: Camping
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 10:54:32 pm »
Visited this past weekend & had a killer time! Camping was easy (nobody else) and the climbing was great. Day one we climbed whiskey bill to the top & realized we made the mistake of leaving our packs at the bottom. Finished the day on the left side of zippity. What is the correct way of topping out busy bee 5.8? I ended up traversing to the good jug on the 10b & clipping the last bolt.  Next day we led bananarama & TRed about 10 routes on panorama.  Hope to be back soon.