Author Topic: Lunesta Fiesta Venue Change  (Read 1530 times)

DaveyTree

Lunesta Fiesta Venue Change
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:25:07 am »
Due to the Ferguson Fire and the likely chance of breathing smoke and being rained on by ash, the venue is being changed to Courtright.

We will be setting up camp off the road some place once you pass over the dam. I will make up some signs to  at our location. If you know or think someone was going to attend, let them know please. I would hate for someone to show at Fresno Dome.

Going to have to find a nice moderate multi-pitch for the full moon ascent. Any suggestions?

DaveyTree

Re: Lunesta Fiesta Venue Change
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:37:57 pm »
Bump for info

mungeclimber

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:07 pm »
You could probably do a second pitch off the top of Bambi and Ogre on Punk Rock's east side...

https://www.mountainproject.com/route/108326812/bambi-and-the-ogre

DaveyTree

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:37:40 am »
Thanks Munge. That would have good moonlight. There is also a 2p route about in the middle of the east face Jeffcoach and I did last year and several more that could go. I was hoping for something a little longer but maybe set a record for how many people went up one route in a train, hahaha.

Haven't climbed the routes but the easy ones on the left side of Penstemin look 3-4p of easy. Just not sure if they are facing too far west so as to be out of the moon light until late.

susan

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 02:51:51 pm »
Sorry can't help as I just don't know. I would have guessed back side (east face) of Power Dome, tho once again just not that familiar with what's there. What we've climbed there was not maybe straightforward or maybe protectable enough. Wish I could say the other side of Power Dome, but can't mainly bc of the approach slabs.

DaveyTree

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 06:03:41 pm »
I was thinking of Divorce Quartz or one of those as well. May have some noobs joining in the climb so may be a bit much for them. Not sure yet.

You and John making it?

susan

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 07:33:36 pm »
John, John! Oh John honey, are we going?

I believe we have been assuming so but had not fully finalized with each other in terms of a decision. If I were an eight ball I would say all signs look good. Would be fun and great to see folks!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:18:06 pm by susan »