Author Topic: 4th Annual Lunesta Fiesta  (Read 5132 times)

susan

Re: 4th Annual Lunesta Fiesta
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 09:23:24 am »

daniel banquo merrick

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 03:53:12 pm »
Susan,

I haven't decided if I will go. I might if one of my old geezer climbing buddies wants to go with me.

DaveyTree

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »
Banquo, hope you show. Everyone will be welcoming and it would be great to meet you. I make it out to be bigger than it is. Really we just a few guys wanting to climb, drink beer and tell stories. If you can't find anyone to climb you are for sure welcome to rope up with me.

It is pretty chill and just a climbers camp just upgraded from dirt bag only because we have jobs and families.

susan

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 10:00:17 pm »
Hope you make it Dan. We are hoping Gerry Jesserun too will show. Last year we went as a party of four for the night climb which takes a while but was great fun. So you have partners a plenty whether you come out with a partner or not, tying in with Daveytree, or John and me and or maybe Ger.

We will try to get away from work early enough to get out to camp by sundown with any luck. I am secretly hoping we can stop at El Cids for dinner before the drive to camp but usually we just want to get there already..  so we will see... Just mentioning it in case it is of interest...

DaveyTree

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 05:38:03 pm »
Had a great time. Glad to see those who showed and met some cool people.

Climberdude

• Climb Anywhere Anytime
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 05:53:53 pm »
I had a fantastic time this weekend.  Hats off to Davey and Pauly for the organizing the event and the beer.

susan

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 10:56:13 am »
We had a great time at Lunesta Fiesta seeing & meeting everyone! Thanks DaveyTree for organizing it and the gift exchange, and Paul for the great brew!

Here is a shot of the 3rd pitch of South Pillar - not good but the best we have with our camera - and the 3-person team ahead with headlights at the top including Mike A. 

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:02:36 am by susan »

susan

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 10:59:36 am »
Here's Pat at the top of the 1st pitch - He is great company! The temperature was fine - only a little cool at the top of the 2nd pitch when the breezes picked up.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:02:23 am by susan »

John

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 07:02:38 pm »
Yessireebob that was a great time!! Thanks for putting this together DaveyTree!

...I secretly wanted Sue to keep the light saber and mask from the raffle....grrr...

mungeclimber

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »
WOT?!

DaveyTree

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 06:44:24 pm »
Haha. That was funny. I didn't even climbing the full moon. Too much whiskey and shine got passed around. Fun time though. Glad everyone had a good time. Next years will be July 8, a Saturday.

susan

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 11:18:30 am »
Yeah Daveytree - Gotta go with whichever night goes off! Just sorry we missed you that night.

We enjoyed stopping by El Cid's for drinks and enough dinner pre-climb that we ended up with leftovers to gobble up after the climb. We arrived a little late for looking for camp, though we did try to find you guys. We gave up as it seemed crowded, then headed for the trailhead. Topped out at 1:45 a.m. which I liked much better than starting around midnight wasn't it last year.... At the top, Mike A and crew shared some beers! Good times.

Later in the weekend I did get stung by first a wasp while just sitting there minding my own business, and Sunday got stung by a bee that I accidentally spun around a garbage bag. The wasp was minor but that bee - ouch! Can't wait for them to go.