Author Topic: Area Photos West of the San Joaquin Gorge  (Read 5973 times)

petecassam

Re: Area Photos West of the San Joaquin Gorge
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 01:44:44 pm »
The domes southwest of the Fuller Butters are called the Companion Domes. Mike Maciaszek (SYMG) and I climbed a couple new routes there summer of 1993. Notably a spectacular continuous steep right angling fingers and hand crack for two pitches, "Dos Amigos" 5.10. One bolt was placed at the top of the first pitch. This obvious crack is located up on the left wall of a narrow gully that is on the southeast side of the Companion Domes. We also climbed an obvious short left facing corner to knobby face to flake route that is just west of the narrow gully.

Pete Cassam

mungeclimber

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 08:07:50 am »
Cool. How long an approach?

susan

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 09:54:58 pm »
Sounds like an amazing line! Yes I wonder about the approach and suspect it’s big. Maybe not Balloon dome big but weekender’s big? Wish there were photos.

petecassam

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 09:20:56 am »
Approach was a couple hours to the Companion Domes from what I remember. Here are a couple pics, me heading up the first pitch of Dos Amigos and Mike Maciaszek following. You can see that the crack just keeps going.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 09:28:03 am by petecassam »

petecassam

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 09:25:43 am »
Approach was a couple hours to the Companion Domes from what I remember. Here are a couple pics, me heading up the first pitch of Dos Amigos and Mike Maciaszek following. You can see that the crack just keeps going.

http://www.southernyosemiteclimbing.com/SMF/photo_album_resized/IMG_0387_resized.jpg
http://www.southernyosemiteclimbing.com/SMF/photo_album_resized/IMG_0386_resized.jpg
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 09:27:25 am by petecassam »

susan

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 10:02:39 pm »
Looks five star. Great to see your photos!